HP Deskjet 2540 is an all-in-one color Inkjet printer. You can connect this printer using both wired and wireless connections. It is designed in a compact size and that means it is space-saving in nature. This printer also helps you with scanning and copying and it comes at an affordable price.
You can connect it from anywhere with the help of your smartphone, tablet, and PC as it has wireless features. If you don’t have a wireless router then also you can print with this printer as it has a Wireless Direct feature. You can connect this printer with your Mac devices as it is compatible with AirPrint. This printer includes a flatbed scanner that has a 1200 dpi resolution.
It helps you to reduce the cost per page as it uses high-capacity ink cartridges. To experience all these features, you need to know the exact procedure of the HP Deskjet 2540 setup.
Table of Contents
How to Set up the HP Deskjet 2540 Printer
Discussed below are the exact steps and procedures that you need to implement to set up the HP Deskjet 2540 printer.
HP Deskjet 2540 Setup for Windows 10
If you are operating on a Windows device and want to connect it with the HP Deskjet 2540 printer, then perform these steps.
Step 1: Gather Information to Perform the Installation
Make sure that the computer and the router are turned on when you set up the printer. Then follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, check whether your PC is connected to your wireless network or not.
- For software downloads, HP always needs broadband internet access.
- Now, check if the router and your PC are turned on or not.
- Next, make sure that your printer is connected to the same network to which your computer is connected.
- Thereafter, set up your printer and then go to the input tray to load paper.
- Toner Cartridges need to be installed next.
- Then, turn the printer on. You should keep it close to the PC at the time of the setup so that you will not encounter any connectivity issues.
Step 2: HP 2540 Driver Download for Windows 10
- Go to the official HP website, look up for your printer driver by entering the model number and then click on the Download option to begin the installation process automatically.
- At the time of the installation, you will observe that a connect window will open. At that point, you should not select the Continue option.
Step 3: Restore Default Wireless Settings on the Printer
The wireless settings need to reset to ensure that the connection completes successfully.
- First, check whether the printer is turned on or not.
- Sometimes, you might find that the wireless light is blinking. If such is the case, skip to the next step (Step 4).
- Then, you need to tap and hold the power button and while holding it down, tap the Start Copy Black button two times.
- Now, tap the Cancel button thrice and then release the power button.
- You will find that the wireless light next to the wireless button starts blinking. Sometimes, you might find that the wireless light does not blink. In such cases, repeat these steps.
Step 4: Continue with the Software Installation
To set up your HP printer, you need to install the software following these steps.
- After the HP installation Connect window opens, click on Continue.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions until you find a Connection Options screen.
- Go to the “Wireless -make a wireless connection to the printer” option and click on Next.
- Now, a new window will open where you’ll find the best method to finish the wireless setup.
- If you find the HP Auto Wireless Connect screen, select Yes and click on Next.
- If the Wireless Setup Using a USB Connection screen appears, you need to connect a USB cable from your computer to the printer and then click on Next. After the setup completes, the USB cable needs to be disconnected.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process successfully.
HP Deskjet 2540 Setup for Mac
If you are a Mac user and want to connect it with your HP Deskjet 2540 printer perform the following.
Step 1: Prepare for the Installation
This step is exactly the same as that of Windows and to do that follow the instructions provided above.
Step 2: HP Deskjet 2540 Driver Download for Mac
To download and install the driver, follow the steps mentioned hereunder.
- First, turn the printer on.
- Sometimes, you might find that your printer is connected to the PC with a USB cable. In such cases, you need to disconnect those cables from the printer. The software installation might ask you to connect with the cable if needed.
- Go to the official driver download page of HP.
- When “Let’s identify your product to get started” page appears, click on Printer.
- Then, your printer model number needs to be entered. Hit the Submit option next.
- If you need to change the operating system, choose the Change option.
- Next, go to your version to select Change.
- Head over the HP Easy Start or the full feature driver and click on the Download option.
- Go to the Downloads folder to locate the HP Easy Start file or the full feature driver .dmg file.
- When you are asked to add the printer to the printer queue, select your printer.
- Select the Use or Print Using menu.
- Then, from the pop-up menu, choose the name of your printer and then click on the Add option.
- In the end, go back to the HP Installer to finish the installation process successfully.
Hopefully, with the help of the above instructions, you will be able to set up the HP Deskjet 2540 printer successfully.