After purchasing a new HP Deskjet 2132 printer, first, you have to set up the device to make the printer work smoothly and efficiently.
But, if you are unaware of how to setup HP Deskjet 2132 printer, then you can go through the section hereunder carefully.
A Step-by-Step HP Deskjet 2132 Printer Setup Guide
Here, we are going to provide the easy steps through you will be able to perform the setup procedure:
Step 1: Unbox the Printer
First, remove the device from the box and remove the packing materials from the device. Next, reach inside the device by lowering the output tray. Afterward, lower the access door of the cartridge and grasp the handle to open the paper tray.
Next, remove all the packing materials from the inner part of the device. Make sure that there is no tape or stickers inside the device. Then, close the access door of the cartridge panel.
Confirm that you have removed all the hardware and other materials from the box before recycling or discarding the box.
Step 2: Connect the Power Cable
Connect one end of the power cable to the printer and plug the other end of the power cable into a power outlet. Then, press the Power button and hold it for a few seconds to turn the device On.
Step 3: Install the Ink cartridges
To install the ink cartridges, first, you have to grasp the handle and then lower the access door of the ink cartridge to access the cartridge panel. Move the carriage to the middle of the HP printer.
Next, wait for a few seconds until the device is silent and idle. Afterward, remove the ink cartridge from the box by touching the black plastic of the cartridge.
Remove the plastic tape from the cartridge. Hold it by its side with the nozzles toward the device and insert it into its initial slot. Insert the black cartridge into the right slot and insert the tri-color cartridge into the left slot of the cartridge panel.
Afterward, slide the new cartridge in the upward direction into the empty slot. Then, push it gently until it gets placed into its actual slot.
Install all the other cartridges that you want to install by repeating the same procedure. Lastly, close the access of the cartridge and continue with the next step.
Step 4: Load the paper into the Paper Tray
Next, you have to load paper into the paper tray. To do this, first, raise the paper tray and then remove all the paper from the paper tray that is different than the type of paper you wish to load. Then, you have to slide the paper width guide to the left.
Now, load a stack of paper into the input tray by forwarding the short edge. Make sure that the face of the print side is close to you. Afterward, push the stack into the tray until it sticks into its slot.
Next, slide the paper width guide to the right until it rests at the edge of the paper. Then, lower the paper tray and remove the extender of the paper output tray.
Step 5: Align the Ink Cartridge
After loading the paper, you can align the ink cartridge to get a better printing experience. To do this, you can perform the steps as follows:
- Once you load the paper into the paper tray, it will print an alignment page automatically.
- Next, lift the scanner lid of the device and place the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner unit.
- Try to place it to the engraved guides around the glass.
- Now, close the scanner lid and press the ‘Start Copy Black’ button from the Control Panel of the printer.
Wait for a few seconds until the process completes.
Step 6: Install the Printer Software
Now, you have to install the software for the printer. Don’t connect the device with your computer until you are ordered to do so.
Visit the official website of HP and go to the search bar. Enter the model number of your printer to search for the complete software package of your printer.
Once you get that, you can download it on your computer. Afterward, run the installer file to complete the setup process.
Now, you have successfully set up your HP Deskjet 2132 printer. Run a test print to check the result.
Additional Information: HP Deskjet 2132 Wi-Fi Direct and Wireless Direct Setup
You can also set up your printer wirelessly using the HP wireless direct and Wi-Fi direct features. By using this method, you will be able to connect the Wi-Fi devices like tablets, smartphones, or computers to the printer without using any access point or wireless router.
Wi-Fi Direct allows you to print wirelessly from your tablet, smartphone, or computer. For that, you need to download the latest version of printer software from the official website of HP. Afterward, you can follow the below steps:
- First of all, press the Wi-Fi Direct button from the Control Panel of the device.
- Afterward, choose Settings from the ‘Wi-Fi Direct’ option. From there, you have to turn the Wi-Fi Direct option On.
- You can connect a maximum of 5 devices using this method.
You can also use this method even if the device is connected using a USB cable. Before going to do that, you have to confirm that your computer is connected with a strong and stable internet connection.
Here are the steps that you can follow to implement the procedure:
- First, go to the location where the HP driver software is saved and click twice to open it.
- Navigate to the Tools tab and then click on the ‘Device Setup & Software’ option.
- Choose the ‘Connect a new device’ from the next page.
- Search for the Wireless option by going to the Connection tab.
- As a result, it will list down the available printers. Afterward, choose your printer by scrolling down the list of options.
- Now, complete the setup process by following the setup process.
How to Print from a Mobile Using Wi-Fi Direct?
To print from mobile that supports Wi-Fi Direct, you can have a look at the steps provided below:
- First of all, turn on Wi-Fi Direct on your mobile and on the printer.
- Afterward, select the document from the mobile that you want to print.
- Next, click on the Print button from the pop-up box.
- Now, the screen will show the list of all the available printers.
- Choose your printer and tap on the OK button to print.
How to Print from a Computer Using Wi-Fi Direct?
First, make sure that the computer has wireless compatibility. Then, perform the steps as follows:
- Turn on Wi-Fi Direct on both the mobile and computer.
- Then, it will open the list of all the available networks in the Wi-Fi settings on the system.
- Next, type the password to connect the device with the system.
- Once it is connected, choose the document and tap on the Print button to print.