Have you lost your installation CD that comes along with your printer and thus failing to install your Epson Stylus NX420 printer? This is quite an annoying situation as until and unless you complete the installation of your printer device, you won’t be able to use it for any of your purposes.
Thus, if you want to install Epson Stylus NX420 and that too without a CD, then there is nothing to worry about. This is because Epson printers come with quite a user-friendly setup procedure. You can easily perform the Epson Stylus NX420 install without CD.
Setup Procedure of Epson Stylus NX420:
Here we will provide you the complete setup procedure about the printer. So, if you want to know how to setup Epson Stylus NX420 wireless, then here are the steps that you have to go through and apply properly.
Step 1: Unbox your Printer
On the first step, you have to take your printer out of the box, remove all the packing materials, stickers and label from the printer. Then open the scanner unit, remove the packing materials from there too. Close the scanner unit after that. You are suggested to not to unpack the ink cartridges until you are going to install them.
Step 2: Turn the Printer On and Configure It
After removing all the packing materials from the printer, you have to turn on the printer. To do that, you have to connect a power cable to the backside of the printer and plug the other end of the power cord to an electrical wall outlet. Turn your Epson Stylus NX420 on pressing the power button.
You have to keep in mind that you should not connect your printer to your PC. After turning your printer on, choose your preferred language, your country, time and date. You can change these settings later using the Control Panel of our Epson Stylus NX420.
Step 3: Setting Up the Ink Cartridges
Now, you have to load the ink cartridges. Remember you should not load paper now. Here are the steps that you have to follow to install the ink cartridges.
- First, open the scanner unit and then, open the cover of the cartridges.
- Before unpacking the ink cartridges, shake them softly for 4 to 5 times.
- You will find yellow tape on each cartridge that you have to remove. While removing that you have to be careful and make sure that you are not removing other stickers or labels from the cartridges. If you do that by mistake, the ink might leak. So. be careful about that and on the cartridge, you should not touch the green chip.
- Insert all the cartridges one by one in the holder according to their color.
- Click each cartridge by pressing them down.
- Close the cartridge’s cover after that. Until it clicks, you have to press it down.
- Close the scanner unit after that.
- Start to charge the ink by pressing the Start button. This procedure takes 2 to 3 minutes.
The cartridge that came with your printer will be used for this process. The next cartridges will print more than these.
You have to keep in mind that you cannot turn your printer off when this process is going on. If you do so by mistake, you will waste ink.
Step 4: Load the Paper Correctly
Now, you have to load paper in the printer. To do that, open the paper support first and pull the extensions up. Then you need to open the output tray, pull the extensions out and pull up the stopper. After that, slide the edge guide to the extreme left and load letter or A4 size paper with the printable side up.
Put the paper behind the tab and against the right edge. Then slide the edge guide to the edge of the paper.
Step 5: Choose the Connection Type
You can connect your printer directly to your PC. To do that, you need a USB cable. You can connect your printer to the network that you are using, without using any wire. Here are the detailed instructions for both ways.
You must install the software on every computer that you will get connected to the printer. For the first installation, you have to use a USB cable temporarily. Also, you have to remove the cable when the printer connects the network.
If you are using Mac OS X 10.6 or you do not have any USB cable, select Wireless Settings by using the printer’s buttons.
You will be prompted to put the Network Name (SSID) and Network Password.
For this, you need a USB cable. You can connect the printer to your PC once you see the instructions to do so.
Step 6: Install the Printer’s Software
You are almost done with setting up your printer. Now, you have to install your printer’s software to use the printer. Here are the steps that you have to go through to install it.
- Now, you cannot connect your printer to your computer.
If you see a screen saying Found New Hardware, cancel it and detach the USB cable. In this way, you will not install the printer’s software.
- Go to the official website of Epson and find the software for NX420 searching by the name. Download once you get it.
- After that, right-click on the downloaded file and select the Install button. Then you can install the software by using the instructions that come on the screen of your PC.
- If you see that the installation process is not successful, then you might have to put the SSID and password.
- When the installation procedure finishes, restart your PC.
- Print a test page after that. If you find it is not working you may try reinstalling the software to make sure the installation process is done properly.
These were the complete instructions for the Epson printer setup. Hopefully, you have gathered all the information that you needed to set up your Epson Stylus NX420 printer. Thus, apply all the above-said steps properly to install it.
People Also Ask
Q. Is the Epson Stylus NX420 printer wireless or not?
- Yes, Epson Stylus NX420 comes with an inbuilt wireless feature. Scanning, printing and accessing memory card slots without a cable is possible with it. WiFi b and g are supported by this printer. Epson Stylus NX420 is one of the latest wireless printers. It provides WiFi n with bigger coverage and faster speed. You can get connected to your wireless network within a moment using the Epson WiFi.
Q. How to connect the Epson Stylus NX420 to the wireless network?
- To connect the Epson Stylus NX420 to a wireless network, you have to set up the printer on a wireless LAN or you can use the Advanced Setup manually. Here are the steps to connect the printer to a wireless network.
- Turn your printer on.
- Get into the Setup mode.
- Select Network Settings using the Left or Right arrow key.
- Hit the OK button after selecting Wireless LAN Setup.
- Now, select Advanced Setup and click on OK.
Q. How to change the ink of the Epson Stylus NX420?
- To change the ink of the Epson Stylus NX420, you have to remove old ink cartridges and install new ink cartridges. Here are the steps that you can easily go through.
- Turn the product on.
- Then you have to open the scanner unit.
- Then, on the cartridges, you have to squeeze the tab. After that, remove the cartridges by lifting them up.
- Shake the cartridges softly three to four times before taking them out of the package.
- Remove the package and the yellow tape that you are going to find on the bottom of the cartridges.
- Insert the cartridges to the holder according to their color. Click those into their place by pushing them down.
- Then click on OK and close the scanner unit.