How to Install HP Printer: A Complete Guide (2020)
HP has come up with all-in-one printers that deliver a supreme quality of printing outputs in any working conditions. But, it will not at all function if you haven’t installed the drivers properly. Some of the HP printers come with a driver disc. The disc contains necessary drivers that will be helpful to access the features as soon as you install it.
Now, the question arises what if you misplaced the CD? Then, you need to know how to install HP printer without cd? Don’t worry, you can easily do it by following all the instructions that are given here.
Steps to Install HP Printer Driver Without a Disc
Before performing the steps, make sure that you have turned on your computer, printer and wireless router. After that, verify whether the printer, as well as the computer, is connected to the wireless network. Now, proceed to the next steps that are given below.
- Take a USB cable. Connect its one end to the system and its other end to the ethernet port of your printer. Now, access the Control Panel and select “Devices and Printers”.
- You will eventually see the Printer icon. Right-click on it to remove the device. Disconnect the USB cable and open the default browser of the system.
- Disconnect the USB cable. Type the HP support page web address correctly in the address bar. After pressing Enter, click on “Software and Drivers”.
- When the support page appears, choose the category “Printers”. A blank text box will appear. Write the name as well as the model number of the printer.
- You will see a list of all the drivers. Download each one of them. The executable files will be downloaded in the default download folder of the computer.
- Reconnect the USB cable. Access the folder and double-click on the files to start the installation process.
Your computer might restart a couple of times during the installation. When the installation is over. Reboot your computer for the final time in order to save the changes.
Installation of Drivers Automatically
If you want to install the drivers automatically, then performing a system software update is the best-suited method. Follow the steps below to do so in Windows as well as in Macintosh Operating System.
Click on the “Start” button and a blank text box will appear. Type “Windows Update” and a list of results will show up. Click on the Update option and the Windows Update dialogue box will open.
Now, select the “Check for updates” button and wait for till the Operating System checks for updates. When the list of download options appears, click on “Download Updates”. After the files are downloaded, it will automatically install the necessary drivers for the printer.
Open your Macintosh computer and choose “System Preferences” from the Apple menu. Now, access the “Software Update”. When new updates are available, select “More info” to see each and every update file.
After that, click on “Update Now” to start the update process. It will take time depending upon the speed of your internet connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if you connect the USB without installing the drivers?
Ans: Instead of setting up the connection with the drivers, if you connect the USB cable, Windows will automatically detect the printer and it will install the built-in drivers as well. The built-in drivers will act as a basic medium between the printer and the computer. You will also see a notification on the system.
What will happen when you cannot find the printer during the USB setup?
Ans: When you fail to detect the printer during the USB setup, then all you need to do is to restart the printer and the computer. If the problem persists, then you need to go through reconnecting the USB cable, trying other USB ports, using a different USB cable, and others.