Easy Setup Guide For Epson Workforce WF-3640
If you have just bought the Epson workforce WF-3640 and do not have any idea about the Epson workforce WF-3640 wireless setup, you do not have to worry. Because setting up an Epson printer is not that difficult as Epson makes user-friendly printers. This high-end printer comes with inbuilt WiFi so that you can print your documents from any part of your home or office premises without using a cable.
Take a Look at Various Epson Workforce WF-3640 Setup Procedures:
Here we are going to let you know the procedures on how to install Epson Workforce WF-3640. This is an easy guide for those who are going to set their Epson printer for the first time. Also, you will get to know different ways to set it up. Here are the steps that you have to go through carefully for setting up your Epson printer.
Epson Workforce WF-3640 Setup for the First Time
Following these easy steps below, you can easily know how to setup Epson Workforce WF-3640, even if you are setting it up for the first time.
- First, you have to unpack your new printer.
- Along with the printer, you will get all the things that you need to set up the printer, inside the package. Those things are Power cord, USB cable, colored ink cartridge, black colored ink cartridge, maintenance part, CD/DVD of software of the printer and manual.
- You have to remove all the packing materials, stickers and labels from your Epson Workforce WF-3640.
- Now, you have to connect the power cord to your printer and plug the power cord to an electrical wall outlet.
- Pull the front panel of the printer upwards and it will open.
- You have to fix this panel to its position by pulling.
- Go to the Control Panel of your Epson printer and switch on the printer using the Power button.
- Take out the ink cartridges from their packet.
- You will find a yellow tape, that is the only thing that you have to remove from the ink cartridges.
- Now, you have to put those ink cartridges in their exact place. To do that, you have to place the colored cartridge in the right slot and the black cartridge in the left slot.
Epson Printer Setup Using Printer Button
Here are the steps that you have to follow for the Epson Workforce WF-3640 setup, using the printer button.
- First, make sure that your router is connected to the network when you are going to connect your printer wireless network. Also, you have to also check whether your computer is connected to it.
- Take your Epson Workforce WF-3640 out from its box. Then you have to remove all the packing materials, stickers and labels from the printer.
- Connect the power cord to the printer after opening it. Then plug the other end of the power cord to an electrical wall outlet. Now, turn the Epson Workforce WF-3640 on and take out the ink cartridges from the box.
- You will find a yellow tape, remove this from the ink cartridges. Now, you have to place the colored cartridge in the right slot and the black cartridge in the left slot. The ink will get charged.
- After that, you have to install the software of the printer on your PC. Insert the CD/DVD that came with the printer to install the software. You can also download the software from the official website of Epson, searching by the name of your printer.
- After downloading it, you can easily install it following the instructions that will come on the screen of your PC. You have to choose Wireless Connection from the “Select your connection” window.
- Then choose “Set up printer for the first time” and hit the Next button. After that, click on the WiFi Auto Connect and select Next. Further, you have to follow the instructions that will come on the screen of your PC and the printer will get connected to your PC automatically.
If you find that your Epson Workforce WF-3640 did not connect to your PC, then you can use the printer button for the wireless network setup method.
Epson Printer Wireless Network Connection Using Printer Button
With a wireless network, you can also get connected to the computer network, i.e., without any wired connection. In the below section, we have provided the steps that you have to follow to setup a wireless network connection to the Epson printer.
- You have to connect your router to the network if it is not and also you have to connect your PC to the router. By using the manual, you can physically set up your Epson Workforce WF-3640.
- Temporarily, you have to connect the USB cable to the router. You can remove this USB cable when the Epson printer setup procedure will finish.
- Now, to install the printer software, you have to use the CD/DVD that came with your Workforce WF-3640. After inserting the CD/DVD, select the Install button. Go to the Print Driver option and choose the “Install the driver software for network connection” option.
- Now, you can easily install the printer software with the help of the instructions that will come on the screen of your PC. You have to choose the “Setup printer for the first time” from the Start Network Setup window.
- Press the Next button then. Now, choose the Temporary connection method and you can permanently connect to the network later. You will see a Firewall warning window. Press the Next button.
- Then, you have to choose the “Connect via a router access point” option from the Connection method window. Then you have to allow access through the firewall. After that, if you see to open a window that was blocked, you have to access it through firewall choosing unblock.
- Now, choose your printer and the name of your printer. Press the Next button after it. Choose wireless after clicking on the wireless printing. Then you have to set the Network Settings.
- You will find columns where you have to put your network password and SSID. Connect your PC with your printer. When you see a message on the screen of your PC saying “Disconnect your USB cable window”, you have to detach the USB cable from your printer and your PC. Then print a test page.
- If you find the test page printed properly, your wireless network connection setup procedure is successful.
These are all the instructions on the Epson Workforce WF-3640 setup. Hopefully, you have gathered all the information that you were looking for and by applying these methods, you can easily set up the Epson Workforce WF-3640 printer.