How To Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0001001B?
The error is usually known as a “SERVICE REQ” error and a “Head driver (TG) temperature” issue
which causes printer to stop operating when it detects any abnormal internal temperature of the print-head. This process is executed with the help of thermistor located in the head while users are printing documents without firing ink from its nozzles. Epson printer’s print-head internal temperature then rises because of its printing operation without even firing ink. As a result it leads to a breakdown of the print-head, poor contact, short and disconnection of tape electric wires and the last consequence is a main board failure. Such critical errors lead to CPU damage. Below are methods described to Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0001001B.
Methods to Troubleshoot Epson Printer Error Code 0001001B
Method 1: Checking if the Printer Can Recover from the Error
- In this method users are suggested to go for a check if the printer can recover from the error by just turning it OFF and ON. If it does not work out then, it is advised to replace the print head as well as the main board of the printer.
Method 2: If the first method did not work out then, try this out
- Users are suggested to purchase a bottle of cleaning fluid which should be around 4 oz., pint, and gallon sizes.
- Turn on the printer and press the ink button and unplug the printer when the cartridge goes to the load cartridge position. Again switch off the power so that the printer does not start up while the power cord is plugged in.
- Open up the ink cartridge and then, remove all of the ink cartridges and place them on a blotter surface because ink may leak out of the cartridge. Pour little bit of head cleaning fluid into the other container to ensure that the main bottle is not contaminated while cleaning process is going on.
- Dip little bit of clean cotton swab into the fluid and then, apply bulge of ink cartridge slot at one end of the printer ink cartridge which is located at the top. A flashlight will appear which will help illuminate all of the ports. Take cotton swabs) and blot up fluids completely. Repeat the process twice or thrice with fresh cotton swabs.
Related Blog: How To Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0x91?
- Move on to the next cartridge port and repeat the above step. When all ink ports are completely cleaned, just use a fresh cotton swab and dry the ink cartridge completely. Remove any left out cotton fibers which may be lingering.
- Dampen a fresh cotton swab and then pick up the first ink cartridge to reinstall it. Place the cotton into the port with a turning motion until the swab end is 1/3 to 1/2 the distance of the cotton. Turn twice or thrice and remove the cotton swab to install the ink cartridge.
- When all ink cartridges have been installed, do ensure that the power switch is in the off position. Plug in the power cord again.
- Turn on the printer when the printer completes its initialization process. Run a head cleaning cycle from the printer utility now. Activate a nozzle pattern checkup mode.
- If the nozzle pattern is not accurate then, turn off the printer and allow it to sit for 12 hours.
- Repeat the head cleaning or nozzle check section.
- If a head still continues to misprinting then, fill an empty cartridge with a cleaning fluid. Put it in the bad position and then, run a head cleaning cycle. Turn off the printer and wait for few days. Perform this test again.
- Consider replacing it if the error in clog does not clear.
Call us at Epson Printer Support Number to Resolve More Such issues
We are engrossed with a team of potential and rich team of technical expert who are available at Epson Printer Customer Support 24*7 hours to assist its customers with the most appropriate solution. Our unique way of delivering solutions has made us stand distinguished from other competitors. So, call us anytime and get the best solution to your queries.