How To Find Your Printer’s IP Address? (Quick Guide 2020)
Printers have become an important aspect of our everyday work life. You can print any documents that are stored on your computer. However, if you are looking to print any document from the internet, then you have to know the IP address of your printer. This will help to build a proper connection. The procedure for getting the IP address is very easy.
Finding the IP address of the printer from the Menu
You can find the IP address of your printer by using the printer menu that is located onboard the printer. The process to obtain the IP address differs from one model to another. However, here is a general instruction to get the IP address form the menu.
- On your printer, press the “Setup” or the “Menu” button.
- After that, you have to navigate to the option of “network setup”, or “networking” and then hit Enter.
- Then, use the arrows and locate any one of the options: WiFi Statue, Network Status, IP address, or TCP/IP. Within these options, you will be able to find the IP address of your printer.
This is the most simple method of obtaining your printer IP address. However, you can also obtain it from your computer system.
How to find Printer IP address Windows 10?
If you are using a Windows 10 computer, then there are various ways by which you can get the IP address of the router. Let’s see them one by one.
Using the Windows Configuration
Click on the Windows key and open the Start menu. Go to the search option and write “Devices and Printers” and hit Enter. On the new window, locate your printer name and right-click on it.
- From the pop-up menu, select the option “Printers Properties”. Then, go to the “Location” box. Usually, the IP address is located in the “General” tab. However, if you are unable to find the IP address here, you can proceed to the next step.
- Now, go to the window of the Printer Properties and select the tab of “Ports”. Here in the listing of the ports, you may find the printer’s IP address. If the IP address is not here, go to the next step.
- Next, you can select the button of “Configuration Port”. Your IP address will be located here. However, if the IP address is not here, it must be located beside the DLL label in the “System Info”.
Use Command Prompt
Another way of getting the IP address is by using the Command Prompt. Follow the instructions given below to access the IP address.
- Open the Start menu by pressing the Windows key or by clicking on the Windows icon on the screen. After that, go to the search bar and type “cmd” and hit Enter.
- Within the Command Prompt, you have to type “netstat-r” and then hit Enter.
- On this window, you will be able to see all the devices that are connected to your computer. From here you can get the IP address.
By Accessing the Router
You can also know the IP address for your printer if you have the access to your router’s rights. Follow the instructions to get the IP address:
- First, you have to log in to your router. Open the web browser on your computer and type in the IP address of your router and hit Enter.
- Now, the login page of the router will open up. In the correct prompt, enter your username and password.
- After you have successfully logged into your router, locate “DHCP Client Table”. Here, the printer’s IP address will be located.
- However, if it is not present here, you can look for any list related to the client, which is usually located under “Local Network”.
So, by following these procedures, you can obtain the IP address of your printer on your Windows 10.
How to find Printer IP address Mac?
Let us see the methods to obtain the printer’s IP address if you are using a Mac device.
Using System Preferences
- You have to go to “System Preferences”. Or you can go to the top-left corner of the screen and click on the Apple logo. From the drop-down menu, select the option of “System Preferences”.
- Within this option, you have to select the icon of “Printers & Scanners”.
- Go to the left column and from the list of the printers and scanners connected to your computer, select the printer for which you want to know the IP address.
- Now, you will be able to locate its IP address under the heading of “Location”.
Using the Webpage of CUPS
- Open a browser on your Mac and type in “localhost:631/printers” in the search bar. This will show you a list of printers and their IP addresses. These IP addresses will be located under “Location”.
- However, if you are using an AirPrint printer, then you might not get the IP address by following the above procedure. Rather, you have to first go to “Application”.
- After that, select “Utilities”. Next, click on “Terminal” and then type in “ippfind”. Then, you will get a result like “ipp://yourprinter.local.:631/ipp/port1”.
- Here, the “yourprinter” part of the result will appear in alphanumeric form, for example- 935D8600000.local.
- After that, you have to go to the web browser and type in “ping yourprinter.loca” in the search bar. You will get your IP address in the result.
By, following these methods, you will be able to get your printer’s IP address. All of the above-discussed procedures are very simple and effective. So, use them and get your printer IP address today.