Brother printers come with several exciting features such as high-quality A4 print, scan and copy from the wireless devices. Furthermore, cloud connectivity and A3 capability are the latest features added to this printer.
But, to use all of these features, you will have to connect the device to a stable network. If you are unaware of how to connect Brother Printer to Wi-Fi, then you can have a look at the section hereunder.
Table of Contents
Easy Steps to Connect Brother Printer to Wireless Connection
Here, we are going to provide a few steps that can help you to connect your Brother printer with the wireless network of your home. So, you can have a look at the steps discussed below:
Find the Wireless Settings of the Access Point or Wireless Router
Before going to perform the below steps, you need to find out and note down the network settings of your router. Find out the ESSID or SSID (Network Name) and Encryption Key or Password (Network Key) of the wireless router.
You can check the side or base of the device for these details. Alternatively, you can also check if the document comes with the access point or wireless router. If you are still unable to find out these details, then you can contact the internet service provider.
Note down the Network Key and Network Name and then proceed with the process discussed below.
Connect the Brother Printer to a Broadcast Network:
After arranging the Network Key and Network Name, you will have to connect your printer to the wireless network. In order to do that, you can apply the steps as follows:
- First of all, remove the device from its box and remove the protective materials from the scanner glass. Then, connect one end of the power cable to the printer. Connect the other end of the power adapter to the wall outlet. Press the Power button and hold it for a few seconds to turn the device ON.
- Thereafter, press the Menu button from the Control Panel of the device. Then, choose the Network option from the screen of the printer. You can use the Down or UP arrow keys. After that, tap on the OK button.
- Now, choose the WLAN option by using the Up or Down navigation button and then tap on the OK button. Next, choose the ‘Setup Wizard’ option from the next screen. Tap on the OK button to confirm the action.
- Once the ‘WLAN enable?’ option appears on the screen, tap on the Yes button. Now, the device will start to search for the wireless network. Once the search is completed, you will see a list of all the available wireless networks.
When an SSID’s list appears, choose the SSID of your access point by using the navigation arrow keys. Afterwards, choose any one of the following options:
- If you want to use an encryption or authentication method that needs the Network Key, then provide the password in the respective field. Then, tap on the OK button. Tap on the OK button in order to apply the settings.
- If the encryption mode is ‘None’ and the authentication method is ‘Open System’, then, you can go to the next step.
Next, the device will try to connect with the selected broadcast network. After doing this, you will have to download and install the driver software for the Brother printer on your computer.
Install the Driver Software for your Brother Printer
To install the driver for the Brother printer, you can perform the steps given below:
In the beginning, insert the CD-ROM into the CD/DVD drive that comes with your Brother printer. If the model name of your Brother printer appears on the screen, then select it. After that, choose your preferred language from the Language screen.
Note: If the setup window doesn’t open, then you can go to ‘My Computer’. Then, click twice on the ‘start.exe’ from the root folder of the Brother CD-ROM.
Next, tap on the ‘Initial Installation’ option and then click on the ‘Install MFL-Pro Suite’ option. Go through the license agreements carefully and then accept it by clicking on the Yes button.
Note: If the installation process doesn’t continue automatically, then you will have to open the top menu once again by ejecting the CD-ROM. Then, reinsert the CD-ROM and perform the same steps as you perform earlier.
Afterwards, select the ‘Wireless Network Connection’ option and then tap on the Next button. Once the ‘Firewall/AntiVirus detected’ option appears on the screen, tap on the ‘Change the Firewall port settings to enable network connection and continue with the installation (Recommended)’ option. Then, tap on the Next button to continue.
Next, select the printer from the list of available devices and then tap on the Next button once again. Afterwards, complete the further installation process by following the on-screen instructions.
Alternative Installation Method
If you are unable to install the driver software from the CD-ROM, then you can also download it from the official website. For that, make sure that your computer is connected with a stable and secure internet connection.
Then, open a web browser and visit the official website of Brother. Then, navigate to the Download page. Search for the appropriate driver software by entering the model number of the printer in the search bar.
Once you get the suitable driver software, download the entire driver and software package. After completing the downloading process, close the browser. Go to the location where the recently downloaded drive software gets saved.
Run that file by clicking twice on that and complete the installation process by following the on-screen guidance.
These are the steps that can help you to connect your Brother printer with the wireless network. We hope, after applying the above steps, it will definitely help you to perform the Brother printer Wi-Fi setup.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Brother is not Connecting to Wi-Fi. What to do?
If your Brother printer is connecting to the wireless network, then you can perform a reset of the network settings. For that, first, make sure that the device is turned ON. Then, press the Menu key.
Navigate to the Network option and then select the ‘Network Reset’ option. For these, you can use the navigation arrow keys. After a few seconds, you will get a confirmation message on the screen of the printer. Complete the process by clicking on the OK button.
Now, the device will reset the network settings and then restart automatically. Once the device starts, you can try reconnecting it to Wi-Fi.