Nothing is more annoying than when your printer stops doing the work that it is supposed to do. The situation gets worse when you face this issue just after installing a new cartridge. This problem might occur due to several factors.
Is your printer printing blank pages only? Here, we are going to discuss the troubleshooting ways to fix this issue. Along with the solution, we will also discuss the causes that can help you to prevent such occurrences in the near future.
Why is the Printer Printing Blank Pages?
As we mentioned earlier, there are various causes of why a printer prints blank pages randomly. Although the reasons may vary depending on the particular model you are using. But still, there are some common reasons.
- Empty Ink Cartridges: It is always essential to have sufficient ink in the ink cartridge. Else, the device fails to continue the printing job.
- Incorrect Installation of the Ink Cartridges: It is also essential to install the ink cartridges in a proper way.
- Clogged Nozzle: Sometimes, the ink of the cartridges solidifies. Then, it starts clogging the nozzles.
- Wrong Paper Sizes: Perhaps, you may have inserted the wrong paper size into the paper tray.
- Driver and Software Problems: If you are using an outdated printer driver, then it can trigger this problem.
No matter what is triggering the printer printing blank page, it can troubleshoot easily.
Easy Hacks to Print Printer Printing Blank Pages
There are various ways to get rid of this issue. Here, we are going to discuss the most recommendable ones. So, you can take a glance at the solutions described below:
Way 1: Restart the Device
Before going to perform any complicated solutions, you can perform a simple restart. It can usually solve this type of common issue. In order to do this, you can proceed with the steps mentioned below:
- In the beginning, press the Power button of the device. Hold it for a few seconds until the device turns off completely.
- Disconnect the power cable from the power outlet as well as from the printer. Wait for a minimum of 4 to 5 minutes.
- Next, plug the power cable back into both the wall outlet and printer.
- Press and hold the Power button once again to turn the device ON.
Once the device turns on, you can print a document to check the result. If you see that the problem persists, then you can move on to the other ways described below.
Way 2: Fix the Ink Cartridges Problems
You may also face this issue due to the problematic ink cartridge. So, to check the entire functionality of the ink cartridge, you can perform the steps stated below:
- First of all, you need to check if you have adequate toner or ink levels on the device. If required, replace the ink cartridge.
- Remove the ink cartridge from its slots and check whether it is damaged. If you see there is a defect on the cartridge, then replace it with a new one.
- You also need to make sure that the ink cartridges are installed correctly. To ensure this, you can remove the ink cartridge and reinstall it correctly.
How to Fix the Clogged Nozzles Problems?
To solve the clogged nozzles problems, you can use the ‘Print Head Nozzle Check’ option. Make sure that your printer has this option. If you have it, then choose this option and let the device clean the nozzles. The device will get rid of the blockage nozzles automatically. It will allow the ink to flow smoothly.
After doing this, you can run a test print to check whether the problem is fixed or not. Otherwise, you can continue with the further ways discussed below.
Way 3: Run the Windows Printer Troubleshooter
A printer troubleshooter is an in-built tool that can detect as well as solve the printer problems automatically. So, you can run this tool to check if it can solve the blank-page printing problem.
How to Run Windows Printer Troubleshooter on Windows 10?
- First and foremost, press the I and Win key both at the same time from the keyboard to open the Settings app.
- Once it launches the Settings app, navigate to the ‘Update & Security’ category.
- Then, navigate to the left pane of the next screen and then tap on the Troubleshoot button.
- Afterwards, choose the Printer option from the right pane of the screen. Lastly, tap on the ‘Run the Troubleshooter’ option.
Wait for a few seconds until the program completes the troubleshooting process. Once the process is completed, you can check if the problem is fixed. Else, you can configure the print spooler service in order to get rid of this issue.
Way 4: Configure the Print Spooler Service
According to tech-experts, you may also encounter this issue due to the damaged Print Spooler files. You can solve this problem easily by reconfiguring this service.
Here are the steps, you can perform to do this:
First, open the Run Command box by using the combination of R and Win key. Then, type “services.msc” in the input field. Hit the Enter key from the keyboard to open the list of services that are currently running on the computer.
Once it redirects you to the Services window, scroll down the list of services to find out the ‘Print Spooler Service’. Click twice on it and then tap on the Stop button from the pop-up box. Confirm your action by clicking on the OK button.
Next, press the E and Windows key simultaneously in order to open the File Explorer. Then, go to the location ‘C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS’. After that, remove all the contents from the folder.
Now, open the Services window again. Click twice on the ‘Print Spooler Service’. Once it opens a pop-up window, tap on the Start button. Choose ‘Automatic’ as the Startup type. Apply the changes by clicking on the OK button.
Following that will configure the Print Spooler Service. Now, try to print a page to check if the ‘Brother printer printing blank pages’ is solved.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Replace Ink Cartridge?
To replace the ink cartridge of a Brother printer, first, open the access door of the cartridge. Then, pull the lock release lever down to remove the ink cartridge. Check whether you need to replace only one or more than one ink cartridges.
Then, remove the new cartridge from its box and remove the protective tape. Insert the new cartridge by looking at the arrow on the label of the ink cartridge. After that, lock the release lever and push it gently until you hear a click sound. Lastly, close the access door of the cartridge in order to complete the process.