Brother Printer Not Printing Black? Here’s How to Fix It
The Brother printers are considered to be one of the most convenient printing devices that offers a plethora of features. But, with prolonged use, technical glitches tend to accumulate.
Brother printer not printing is one such issue that restricts the users from continuing with the printing job. To get further information regarding this Brother printer error, go through the underlying section carefully.
Prominent Causes for Brother Printer Not Printing
There might be numerous factors that are preventing the Brother printer to print in the correct manner. Check out the highlighting factors mentioned below and identify why Brother printer is not able to print any file or document.
- Internal technical Issues
- USB Connection Problem
- Dry ink or toner related issues
- Certain pieces or whole paper jam
- Printer connection issues
- Printer driver or any other software update related problems
After identifying the major factors, you can go to the next section and learn 3 basic ways that will help you to overcome the error in no time.
Reliable Ways to Fix Brother Printer Not Printing
Here, we are going to mention the most reliable ways that will help you to get rid of the Brother printer error. So, follow reliable fixes and try to overcome the situation as soon as possible.
Check the Printer Connection
Often, a printer fails to print files or documents due to certain connection faults. Therefore, without proceeding with any critical fix, it is necessary that you check the status of the connection between your Brother printing device and the computer.
- Firstly, try to be sure that the devices are well connected with each other.
- If you use any USB or Ethernet cable while connecting them, then make sure that the USB or Ethernet cable is not faulty or defective.
- In case of wireless connection, ensure that your computer and the printer are connected through the same wireless network.
Furthermore, turn off the Brother printer and disconnect the Power cable as well as other related external cables from the device. Thereafter, leave the device for a few minutes and reconnect the power cable.
Now, press the “Power” button in order to turn the device On. After booting up the device, check if the Brother printer not printing.
Review the Printer Status
Even after resetting the printer connection, if you still find that your Brother printer refuses to print the assigned jobs, then there might be certain internal glitches or hardware related issues. In that case, it is necessary that you review the printer status properly.
In the initial step, you need to be sure that there is a sufficient amount of toner or ink inside the device. If any of the ink cartridges run out of ink, then replace the cartridge with the new one as soon as possible. Also, be sure that there is no paper stuck inside the device.
Furthermore, verify the status of the ink cartridge after inserting the new one. To prevent any hassle, use the genuine ink cartridge.
Set the Brother Printer as Default Device
Once you are attempting to print any file or document, your machine will assign these printing tasks to the default device automatically. Therefore, if your Brother device is not set to the default device, then you might note that Brother printer not printing.
To get rid of this situation, it is mandatory that you set your Brother printer to the default device.
- Press the Windows logo along with the R key to invoke the Run window. On the Run dialogue box, write “Control” and choose the “OK” button. From the top search result, choose the Control Panel to initiate the window.
- After you access the Control Panel, head over to the “Devices and Printers” and try to initiate the “Printer” section. Under this section, proceed to look for your Brother printer from the list. Next, tap on the Brother Printer and hit the option stated: “Set as Default Printer”.
- When you will be prompted to confirm your action, hit the “Apply” button as well as the “OK”. This will save the recently made changes.
Cancel all the Print Jobs
If the print queue contains various failed printing assignments, then it can prevent the printer from functioning. Further, this can be the prime reason behind the Brother printer not printing.
In order to get the device back to its normal state, it is necessary that you cancel all the printing jobs. To do so, follow the instructions underneath.
- Navigate to the “Device and Printers” and search for your Brother device form the available printer list.
- Proceed to click on the Brother Printer and invoke the “Printer” section.
- Head over to the “See what’s printing” section to initiate the Printer menu.
- After accessing the Printer menu, choose the “Open As Administrator” option and go back to the Printer menu once again.
- Under this menu, hit the “Cancel All Documents” button and confirm the action by tapping on the “OK” button.
After cancelling all the printing jobs, reboot the device to allow the changes to take effect.
Run the Printer Troubleshooter
If you find that your Brother printer not printing black, then you can run the Printer troubleshooter that is a built-in utility. This troubleshooter not only resolves the printer not printing black but also helps you to eliminate the internal bugs and glitches.
Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:
- Open the Printer Troubleshooter by tapping on the Cortana Type here to Search button. Then, write “Troubleshoot” inside the search box and hit the “OK” button.
- Proceed to tap on the Troubleshoot button to initiate the “Settings” app. Choose the Brother printer from the appeared menu and hit the “Run the Troubleshooter” button.
- Enter your Brother printer name as well as the model number and tap on the “Next” button.
- Stick to the further instructions in order to complete the entire troubleshooting.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Reset a Brother Printer?
Power off the Brother printer and remove the power cable as well as the peripheral cable from the device. Leave the device for a while and then reconnect the power cable along with other related cables. Power On the printer while pressing the “Resume” button. Press the button unless the attention light begins to blink.
How to Determine if there is a WPS Button on the Router?
In order to verify whether the router is WPS-enabled, search for the button that is titled as WPS on the access point or router. If there is not a physical WPS button, then it is possible that there is a virtual WPS button that exists on the router.
How to Make a Printer go Online?
Head over to the “Start” button that is present on the bottom left of the screen. Invoke the “Control Panel” window and go towards the “See what’s printing” section. Open the “Printer” menu and search for the “Use Printer Offline”. You will find this under the drop-down menu. So, tap on it and save the changes by choosing the “OK” button.
How to Manually Add a Printer?
Go to the “Settings” and hit the “Devices” icon. Thereafter, select the “Printer and Scanners” and hit the “Add a Printer or Scanner” option. Leave the device for a while and try to find out your Printer from the appeared list. Tap on the “Add a Local Printer” button and choose the “Next” button. Stick to the remaining instructions to add the printer properly.