A Guide On Epson XP 830 Wireless Setup
Epson XP 830 is one of the best all-in-one printers that work with the inkjet color technology. So, if you are wondering about which one is the best printer that you should buy, then this Epson printer can be the right choice of yours.
This printer can copy one file to ninety-nine files per minute. As well as this printer can allow you to print, scan and copy files and documents with the ink cartridges. Users can take color and black and white printouts by using this printer.
It provides high-quality printings that are ideal for creative projects. This printer is designed for easy printing from iPod, iPad and as well as Android.
But after purchasing a new printer, you should perform the setup of your printer to start printing and get the advanced features. Keeping this in mind, here, we will discuss the complete Epson XP 830 wireless setup process in brief.
Epson XP-830 Setup: Basic Steps to Perform
- The very first thing you should do is to unbox your printer and take it out from the box. Then place the device on a flat surface.
- Avoid placing the printer directly under the sunlight and be sure that the place is free from dust and water.
- Also, check that the printer is near to the power outlet.
- Once you place your printer in the correct place, you should start the setup processes.
- Now, plug the power cord to the power outlet. Then turn on your printer by pressing the Start button for ten to fifteen seconds.
- The display screen of your Epson printer will assist you to set up the ink cartridges.
- Now, remove the cover of the ink cartridges and shake them well before using them.
- Then, insert all the four ink cartridges and fix them in the proper place.
- Now, close the printer cover after you have inserted the cartridges.
- After that, take out the paper tray and load the tray with sufficient papers.
- Connect your Epson XP-830 printer with your computer. Use a USB cable for the connection.
- Then, insert the cords into the power outlet and turn it on.
- Now, it’s time to proceed with the software installation.
- To do so, you have to insert the CD with the correct printer software and also run it.
- From the list of printers, you have to select your printer’s model number and then install them one by one.
- If you are prompted, then allow the license agreement and select the path where you want to store that folder.
- You can also connect your Epson XP-830 printer with a WiFi connection.
Know your Wireless Network Name and Security Passphrase
First of all, open the Control Panel and find the Settings option. After that, find the Connections option and click on it. Then, choose the Wireless Connection option and you will see that the Setup Wizard will popup on the screen.
There you will find a list of wireless networks available for you. Select your preferred one and proceed by giving the Security Passphrase. By following this process, your wireless network connection will be secured.
After that, power on your Windows device and move to the Wi-Fi Settings option. From the section, choose the known network and provide the password.
Epson XP-830 Driver Installation for Windows
If you install Epson XP-830 driver, it will help you to get more features. Hence, if you are also willing to install the drivers, then go through the instructions provided below.
The first and foremost thing that you have to do is to select your Epson XP-830 printer and navigate to the Download section. In this section, you will find three options including Drivers, Utilities and Firmware. Select the Drivers icon and install the drivers available for your device.
Now, tap on the Administrator option and if needed, then provide username and password. If you did not change the password before, then write “admin” in both the boxes. Tap on the Start menu and locate the Device Manager tab. Now, you will find a list of hardware displaying on the screen.
Choose your preferred driver by double-clicking on it and move to the driver tab. Now, select the “Update Printer Driver for Epson XP-830” and if prompted, then again give Administrator password.
Now, check if you have turned on the Automatic Update option or not. If not, then navigate to the Settings option and tap on PC Settings. Click on the Update and Recovery icon and choose Windows Update.
Epson XP-830 Driver Installation for Mac
If you are using a Mac device, then you have to download the Epson XP-830 software and use the CD that is given with your printer. Downloading the driver helps you to use more advanced features of your printer. Perform the steps as stated below.
- First of all, you are asked to choose the language that is used by Macintosh or the Epson XP-830.
- Choose your preferred language and select the software from the list.
- Now, select the driver by double-clicking on it and let the driver install completely.
- If you are asked to provide username and password, then give the correct credentials in their respective fields.
- Now, click on Ok and continue the installation process.
- You will see that the License Agreement page will appear on the screen and click on the small checkbox.
- Then tap on OK and navigate to choose the Easy Install icon.
- After a few moments, when the installation gets finished, restart your Mac device.
- When the device is turned on, move to the Application or the Utilities folder and click on it.
- Then, look at the printer list and choose the Printer Setup Utility folder tab.
- Now, connect your printer to a USB or WiFi and start printing.
How to Connect Windows Device to the Previously Connected Network?
At the initial step, you have to connect your Epson XP-830 printer and your computer to a wireless network. After that, locate the Control Panel and check if your printer and your computer are connected to the same network or not.
If it’s Yes, then tap on the “Devices & Printers”. Now, you will find a list of devices that you have connected previously. You have to add your printer to this list. To do so, click on the Add Device icon. This will add your printer to the list.
Epson XP-830 Wireless Setup Procedure
Before proceeding with the wireless setup, you must know your Network Name and the Network Password. If you want to connect direct USB, then check that both ends of the cable are connected with your printer and your computer.
If you want to connect to your local network, then at first, attach the printer in its current or default state. Then, move to the current settings of your wireless printer. To do so, press the Feed button while you are switching on your printer.
At that moment, your printer will print a list of initial settings. The current IP address is 192.168.192.168. Then, choose Start Setup and choose WiFi Setup Wizard from the display.
Choose Wireless Network options and if needed, then enter the password. At the final step, click on OK and save the changes you just have made.
We expect that the above methods are enough to complete the Epson XP 830 setup procedure. Hence, it is recommended to follow the steps without making any mistakes.
But in case, if you ever face any problem regarding any procedure, then get connected with experts and take more advanced solutions from them.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reset my Epson XP 830 printer?
To reset your printer, press the Home button and navigate to the Setup option. Click on it and scroll down the screen until you find the Restore Default Settings option. From the list of options choose anyone and click on Yes to start the reset process.
How do I fix my printer connection?
If you ever face any problem at the setup time, then restart your printer. To do so, power off your printer and then power on. If you are using a USB cable, then check that the cable is not damaged. Also, check the internet connection and solve the connection problem.