Epson XP-640 Setup: Easy Guide
Epson XP-640 is a small and all-in-one printer from the house of Epson. This multifunction printer can print in both black and color pages. It can print at most 9 black pages per minute and can print up to 4.5 pages in color. It has the copying capacity from 1 to 99 pages.
If you have recently bought this printer, then you must require the Epson XP-640 setup guide for the first time setup. This guide consists of the initial setup, driver installation, and wireless setup of Epson XP-640.
Initial Epson XP-640 Setup Process
We hope that you have got the Epson printer package and its ready to set up now. Go through the guidelines so that you can achieve the initial printer setup for the first use.
- Place the Epson XP-640 printer package on a flat and sturdy surface. It’s better to choose a place near the computer or a comfortable place where you work. Make sure that the printer stays away from dust and sunlight.
- Unpack the printer, carefully. Take out all the pieces of equipment that come with the printer. Now, grab the power plug. Insert the plug to the nearby power source.
- The display screen of the printer will show you the guidelines on how to insert the ink cartridges. Unwrap the ink cartridge and shake it well before you place them.
- Snap the cartridge in the printer. When the cartridge gets placed well, you need to place the papers on the printer.
- After you have placed the papers, connect the printer to your computer with the help of a USB. Next, you need to turn on all the devices.
- When the printer activates, you have to continue with the Epson XP-640 software installation process. You can find a software CD within the printer package. Run the CD on your system and wait until the process completes.
You can alternatively connect your Epson printer to the wireless network. In addition to this, you are able to use any SD card to print files or documents.
Epson XP-640 Driver Installation for Windows
If you want your Windows PC to adapt to the latest features of the Epson printer, then this procedure is surely unskippable. If you choose the driver update from the internet, the drivers will get updated by themselves. The manual installation of the drivers is associated with the Epson XP-640 which lacks this Automatic Update process.
If you own a Windows device, then you need to follow the instructions stated hereunder to install the newest driver technology for the printer.
- Visit the official website of the Epson printers. There you need to select your printer module.
- Choose the Download option. You can find three options there. They are Drivers, Firmware, and Utilities. Make sure that you choose the Epson XP-640 Drivers.
- In your system, enter the valid login credentials. Press the Windows logo key. Opt for the Device Manager option. Navigate to the tab named Driver. Proceed with the ‘Update printer driver for Epson XP-640’ option.
- Provide the login credentials again, if prompted. Wait for the installation to get completed.
If there is an issue with the printer driver, make sure that the Automatic Update is active. Otherwise, the process should work smoothly.
Epson XP-640 Driver Installation for Mac
macOS is also compatible with the drivers of Epson printers. You need to use the installation CD provided with the printer package. Or you can download the necessary printer drivers from Apple’s software update. Stick to the guidelines mentioned below.
- Put the software CD on the CD drive of the Mac device. Opt for the macOS X folder to carry on the procedure.
- Choose the preferred language. You have to select a software like Epson Easy Photo Print along with the CD. Set all the preferences for your Epson XP-640.
- Next, you have to expand the printer driver folder on the Mac device you are logged in. Then enter the Admin credentials to continue with the Epson XP-640 setup.
- Provide all the required details and click on the OK button. Go through the License Agreement policy and check the box beside the Agree option. Choose the OK button.
- After that, you have to proceed with the Easy Install alternative.
When the process completes, reboot your Mac device along with the Epson printer. Now, you can connect the printer to USB, Wi-Fi connections.
Epson XP-640 Wireless Setup
You can connect the Epson printer without USB cables. All you have to do is to connect the printer to a suitable Wi-Fi connection. Use the following guidelines to accomplish the task properly.
- Tap the Home button from your printer.
- Press the navigation keys to open the menu named Epson XP 640 Setup. Next, go to the Network Settings option. Lastly, choose the Wi-Fi Setup option.
- Locate the name of the wireless connection that you wish to join.
- Provide the password of the network. If you can’t find the desired network, scroll down to choose the option named Other Networks. Mention the name of the wireless network.
- When the printer identifies the network, enter the password of the network. You may view and adjust some settings related to the wireless connection.
- Choose the Proceed option to carry on with the selected network connection.
Epson XP-640: Connect to Computer
You may go through the guidelines below if you are a newbie with the connection between the computer and the Epson printer.
- Go to the Wi-Fi Setup option by using the Home screen of the Epson printer.
- After that, navigate the following options: Wi-Fi Direct Setup> OK. Tap the right arrow key to hit the Yes option. Then, tap the OK button.
- Provide the password. Press the OK button until the settings get saved.pick up the Wi-fi connection from the list of connections on the printer.
- Also, the computer and Epson XP-640 should log in to the same network.
- Finally, press the OK button to quit the setup screen.
Hopefully, this guide is efficiently helpful in the Epson XP-640 setup process.
FAQs Related to Epson XP-640 Setup:
Besides the setup procedures, we have prepared some FAQs to resolve some basic queries. Go through them if you are seeking help for the below-mentioned situations.
How to Scan Multiple Pages on Epson XP-640?
- Place the document on the scanner glass of the Epson Expression Premium XP-640 printer.
- Select the Start Epson Scan option from your connected device to start the scanning process.
- You may alter the settings as per your requirements. Use the Preview option to view the scanned image. Adjust the scan space as per the preview report.
- If you are using ADF, make sure that you have placed the first page at the top. Press the Scan option. A window named File Save Settings should appear. There you have to set all the requirements of the scanning process. Opt for the Edit Pages option if necessary. Press OK to continue.
The original document will be saved as a PDF file on your computer.
How to Scan to Computer through Epson XP-640?
- Open the scanner lid of the printer. Expand the Epson Printer software on your computer.
- Navigate to the Mode menu. Choose the type of document from the drop-down menu.
- Adjust other settings if needed.
- Choose the ‘Scan in the ADF action’ option.
- Lastly, tap the Scan option. A preview is available whenever you opt for the scanning procedure.